Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our Class Outing

Yesterday, about three quarters of the class gathered at Downtown East, E! Hub, for our class outing. Yes, a class outing! And to do what? The best thing I could ever imagine: Bowling! I jumped for joy (literary) when I heard the news and told myself that i could not miss it. It took quite a long time to finalise the class outing but hey, it worked out in the end right?

Anyway, I have the honour to say that I, Joejyn Wan and family, reached E! hub first. My family followed to bowl too, and I must say, that we are quite serious bowlers. Why? It is because my brother is in the Bowling CCA in St Hilda's Primary and thus, we practise every Friday if we are free. Both my brother and mother already have their own bowling balls, and I hope to get my own ball soon too!

Moving on, we booked the lanes first and as the person behind the counter knows us (we go there often), he gave us 4 to 5 lanes, and later extended it to 6 lanes. I played with my family first as I waited for the rest of the class, my warm-up round. And soon, everyone was crowding in and the game started! Well, it started 30mins late, but never mind.

I started off badly, my ball curving when it was not supposed to. I guess it is because I was not used to the long wait in between my turns, my family usually getting two lanes for the four of us. But in the end I still got a score of 95, which to most people's standard is very good. But for me, my average is about a hundred, but it was not so far off so we can't complain, can we?
The score for my first game

My second game however, picked up a lot, and my final score was 135! I owe it all to the "spare, strike, spare" combo that I got, pushing up my scores by a lot. And in case you were wondering, the "glove" that I was wearing is actually my brother's (bought by my uncle whose average score is 200! WOW!) but he does not like it too much. And so, he lent it to me. I feel it helps to support by ball a lot, I using a 10 pound for my small size.
Now, for my score in the second game


But it being a class outing, there ought to be a class spirit right? And I dare say that the class spirit was there for that 2 hours and it was strong! People were cheering for one another, teaching one another and most importantly, having fun with one another. We did not care who lost and won, but just had fun playing with one another.

And after the class bowling, I continued to bowl another 2 games, in which the last game was an interesting one. My brother and I challenged each other in which the loser would have to do push-ups. How many? That was determined by the difference between our scores. And guess what? I won! He now owes me 20 push-ups! But don't go around telling people that I am a bully. Because I gave him a ten points handicap!

Overall, I personally had a lot of fun and I am sure that the whole class had as much fun as me. We really should organise more of these outings as it bonds and brings the class together. Go 2A!


See, E! Hub is so helpful! They tell you where to hit to spare!

And finally, me bowling! Yeah!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home